News at a glance from the IBOAI® — your advocacy organization. All year long, the IBOAI Board of Directors works alongside Amway™ North America on your behalf to make this Business the best. This Newsletter is one way we will strive to keep in touch and inform you. If you have any questions, please be sure to contact the IBOAI Board or staff.
Can you believe that 2022 is already half over? Here we are in Summer and the new fiscal year will begin very soon. I wanted to give you an update on what has been a very busy season for your IBOAI since Diamond Club in February. We have already had two in-person IBOAI Board Meetings (March and June) and another visit to Grand Rapids in April to meet with Amway executives. At the same time, we invited six IBO Leaders to participate in an IBOAI History Day with our Executive Committee. More on that later.
The business climate is really getting hotter now that we are coming out of the pandemic. Amway North American IBOs have consistently been over 80% VCS for nearly a year. The New IBO On-boarding program has been very successful and the Criteria Based Reclassification program (co-created with the IBOAI) has produced encouraging results. Sponsoring is making a comeback and thanks to Kelli Templeton's Marketing team, the Field will be seeing several great new product releases in the coming months. Among them are:
- Artistry Go Vibrant™ Lip Collection
- XS™ 20th Anniversary Energy Drink - Watermelon Lemonade (US)
- XS 20th Anniversary Birthday Cake Protein Bar
- Artistry Skin Nutrition™ Vitamin C + HA3 Daily Serum
- XS Protein Pods – Strawberry
As Chairman and a Board Member for many years, I have had the privilege to sit at the feet of many of the great Amway IBO leaders. I have learned from them so much about business, leadership and life. We miss so many of them since they have passed but their legacies live on.
In my eyes, it is so important to pass on to the next generation of IBOs the history and the values that made this Business special and unique in the marketplace. We try to create opportunities for the next generation influencers and leaders to learn the history and principles that formed the American Way Association in 1959. After more than 60 years, those same principles are alive and manifested in the IBOAI. We still are committed to helping all IBOs live better lives no matter their goals.
In April we invited six IBO leaders and Field influencers to Grand Rapids to spend the day with the Executive Committee of the IBOAI. All of the IBOs were Diamond or above. The highlight of the day was hearing our Board Historian Jody Victor tell the inspiring story of the people who came together to form the American Way Association. Each of the Officers were able to educate our guests on the role of the IBOAI and the important partnership we have with Amway -- to collaborate to keep this Business attractive in the marketplace. You should feel confident that this Business is positioned perfectly in the marketplace for years to come. We will continue to find ways for IBO Leaders to experience this exposure to the IBOAI. Perhaps some of these will go on to be elected to represent ANA as IBOAI Members. Our April Influence Leader guests were:
- Terry and Jenny Brown
- David and Sharron Coley
- Mayank and Sejal Gala
- Brent and Brenda Harris
- Pete and Rachel Herschelman
- Manny and Candace Winston
At the beginning of our Board Week in June, the IBOAI Executive Committee had the privilege to be invited by Andrew Schmidt (Managing Director, Amway North America) to Amway Headquarters in Ada to participate in Leadership Panels. The Panels were moderated by Amway management and held in the main conference room in The Center of Free Enterprise. Much of the Ada-based management and employees were invited to participate in the day's activities. For many of the Amway employees, this was the first time to meet an IBO Leader serving on the IBOAI. Through moderated panel discussions and breakouts, we were able to share our stories, lessons learned, leadership topics, and of course, our excitement about this Business. Most importantly, we were able to remind the staff at Amway of our gratitude for what they do to support all IBOs in the Field. I really believe it gave clarity to many of the employees that their hard work matters. I also believe they were able to really understand better what is really behind our passion and commitment to the future of the Business.
The afternoon wrapped up with a joint effort between the IBOAI and Andrew's Staff to broadcast to the North American Diamonds a content-rich webinar featuring the state of the Business and other relevant topics such as the September launch of the Bronze incentives (part of CORE Plus), new product launches, CBR updates, VCS initiatives, and also some real issues such as supply chain challenges. We wrapped up the webinar with a live Q&A session, which I believe was the best part of the webinar. The webinar was also repeated later in the week for all the Platinums in North America.
The backdrop for the webinars was the new state-of-the-art XS Production Facility in Ada. Not only was the setting perfect for the webinars, but really what stands out to me is just how healthy our partnership is with Amway. There is no other Amway market like ANA in the world. Our contract with the Company is really clear. Amway must inform and seek advice on any matters that may materially affect IBOs. That's more than an obligation. We actually see this as our advantage. When we collaborate with the Company, everyone wins! Your IBOAI is committed to always making this Business Opportunity better every day.
Joe Markiewicz, Chairman of the IBOAI
2022 June Board Meeting Notes by Committee
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- To ensure proper treatment of Legacy and Vested Diamonds at all events, identified areas that need attention
- Renamed some elements of “Family Heritage Strategy” program
- Diamond Successor program: Changed from “Generational Transfer” to “Generational Transition” (Succession)
- Legacy Diamond Program: No change- Generational Appreciation (30 years of Diamond Club attendance)
- Vested Diamond Program: Changed from “Generational Departure” to “Generational Fulfillment” (40 years of Diamond Club attendance)
- With ANA’s continued focus on DBR, we discussed additional ways of recognizing DBR
- Company agreed to inform uplines about recognition opportunities earned by their downline (as in the VCS & AmPerks™ giveaway at Achievers)
- NPC top 20% VIP Day will award NPC qualifiers who have the most profitable Platinum months and hit VCS %
- Company will review all new recognition and packaging for awards
- Peter Island will not open until 2024
- EOMs have improved. Experienced some challenges with create a receipt function in April
- 53 web releases with 3 app releases, changing app platform soon
- Working to improve customer service and handling phone calls
- Many updates on shopping, customer DITTO™ orders processed before IBOs, check out process, order management, Business Center, My Shop, Inventory list, etc.
- Striving to improve the email communications from Amway to IBOs: First to Know, Leader Engage, Leader Preview, Leader Webinars, Weekly Update, Regional Canada Insider
- Organics Protein Powder, Superfoods & Gummies
- Successful launch with positive sales and organic protein powder outpacing previous protein powder 7 to 1 in sales
- Strong reviews of taste, flavor and texture
- Achievers attendees will receive a gift basket containing a metal container for protein powder to get feedback on packaging: metal is FDA approved
- The idea of sampling protein powder coming soon in 6-9 months similar to gummy samples
- Organic Gummies launching September 7, 2022 in US only: Women’s and Men’s (75mg)
- 2 new products to replace existing 3 products
- Omega: Brain & Heart health (1 soft gel per day)
- Advanced Omega: brain, heart, joint, eye, skin (2 soft gels per day)
- Non-GMO, Gluten free, Dairy free, Lactose free, Soy free
- 3 times enhanced absorption
- Perfect Pack, Heart Pack, Men’s Pack will have updated omegas around Q2 in 2023
- Omega discontinued early 2023: Balanced Health, Heart Health, Wellsona Brain Health
Nutrilite™ Vision Health
- Launching Fall 2022
- Supports healthy aging eyes and filters blue light
- Eye Mojo gummies for U35 and Vision Health for 40 and older
- Launching Winter 2023
- New packaging on Nutrilite™ items starting August 2022
- Phase 1: Double X™, Mens & Women Daily, Fruits & Vegetables, Fiber, Vitamin B, C, D
- Phase 2: Supplement packs, twist tubes, targeted supplements
- Phase 3: Targeted supplements, Kids, Women
- It’s the same great formula, just a different look
- Great guideline to help new IBOs and Customers with what they need to be taking
- There is a short and long version
- Able to add it to My Shop as well with attribution
- Customer DITTO orders are prioritized effective June 1st
- TNA flag test to alert customer or IBO of item not available
- No date yet but working on shoppable lists that you can create and share with others with attribution and a subscription program to increase loyal customer buying
- Create a receipt re-platform: refresh user experience, improve downline/customer search, optimize required fields and page layout
- Cart & checkout re-platform: streamline & simplify, pivot focus to IBO processes to follow customer process, express checkout, improve downline/customer search
Customer & IBO Registration
- Customer who wants to become an IBO: flag where customer must log in and register themselves as an IBO
- For IBO registration: working to ease the process and keep it simple
NLA on Website
- Searchable by SKU and name
- 6-month timeframe
- September 1st – December 31st with more communication on renewing
- Possible shortening of late renewal period to January 1st – March 31st
- Idea to pro-rate renewal if IBO registers after June 1st
New IBO Starter Stack
- Launched March 23, 2022 and doing well
- Most popular items in stack are Nutrilite™ Double X™ 10-day supply, Artistry Studio Glow™ Boss, XS™ Variety Pack
- 70% of New IBOs purchasing the Starter Stack do so in 5 days (promo good for 30 days)
- Top products New IBOs buy if they don’t purchase Starter Stack are XS™ Variety Pack and toothpaste
- Goal is to increase awareness and make registration flow smoother for New IBO
- Maintaining current promos through end of the year
- DITTO™ point redemption
- Pay for points option for IBOs
- Plan to notify customers when points expire as well as notify the IBO
- AmPerks™ points expire after 2 years of purchase inactivity
- Plan to remind customers to use points at checkout
- Enrollment in AmPerks™ is expected to pass 500,000 enrollees in June!
Selling Support & Programs
- Health and wellness goals for IBOs and customers
- XSelerate Fitness pilot went well, 10 out of 11 IBOs believe the program will make it easier to sell the products
Impact of LGS with Silvers, Golds, Platinums
- Goal is to assist and help IBOs become more profitable
- Data, Insights, Action, Results is the process
- Those IBOs who are engaged with their LGS are growing and more profitable
LEGAL & ETHICS
- Discussed how to guide IBOs in good bookkeeping practices and utilizing the resources available at iboai.com
- Committee had productive conversations with Amway Legal regarding the processes to value an Independent Business when there is a potential sale. We discussed responsibilities and role of a Servicing IBO in situations where there is a Placeholder IB
- Opportunity to discuss with Amway, the procedures for IBOs and prospects to easily find and understand the current Income Disclosure document prior to registering a new business
- Committee stays current on the latest efforts by Amway to reduce the volume of Exporting and Unauthorized Online Sales
- Collaborating with Amway BCR to update the QAS Program Standards
- Working with Amway to keep the Best Practices messaging up to date and relevant
- Regularly reviewing The Rules of Conduct for potential edits on an as-needed basis and when needed the Committee reviews language for upcoming notices to the Field according to Rule 10
Joe Markiewicz and Andrew Schmidt talk Partnership & Growth at Diamond Club
Diamond Club 2022 featured many bright, shining moments – memorable for their authenticity, inspiration, and conviction. IBOAI® Chairman Joe Markiewicz joined Andrew Schmidt, ANA Managing Director on stage during the Diamond Club Business Meeting to speak about partnership, growth, and helping each new IBO become successful. Highlights included the definition of partnership as an action verb and the on-target definition of IBOs as creative and solution-minded. Watch this inspiring video now. It’s just too good to miss!
Artistry Studio™ Bottle of Sunshine Self-Tanning Water – Hydrating + Healthy Glow
Don’t let summer go by without trying this amazing Self-Tanning Water! Now you can get a sun-kissed look, without the sun. Available with or without an applicator mitt.
Artistry Studio™ Bottle of Sunshine Self-Tanning Water – Hydrating + Healthy Glow –
Light/Medium, with Applicator Mitt Item # 309436
Artistry Studio™ Bottle of Sunshine Self-Tanning Water – Hydrating + Healthy Glow –
Medium/Dark, with Applicator Mitt Item # 309437
Click here to order Light/Medium or Medium/Dark without an applicator mitt.
XS™ Sports Twist Tubes – Raspberry Lemonade
Item # 305555 - 20 Tubes
This delicious Raspberry Lemonade flavored hydration supplement is loaded with B vitamins and selenium with just 5 g of sugar. Designed to help prep your body for any adventure.
Do you have questions about the status of products on Amway.com? Today, many products are listed as temporarily not available (TNA). In the past, out-of-stock items were typically on backorder. Andrew Schmidt, Amway North America Managing Director, shares the reason for this change.
Watch here: https://vimeo.com/721092367/9537bf1125
IBOAI® Annual Election
Watch your email in September for information on the candidates as well as details on how to vote online. Let your voice be heard!
September 26 – October 7, 2022
IBOAI® Board Meetings: IBOAI Offices, Grand Rapids, MI
October 17 – October 20, 2022
New Platinum Conference: Hybrid event in 2022!
August 11 – 13, 2022 or October 13 – 15, 2022
Event attendees will have access to the virtual training and business meeting and will travel to Amway World Headquarters for an in-person tour and recognition. They will also have the opportunity to visit the IBOAI Offices located adjacent to the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Eligible IBOs can select one of two dates to travel to Amway World Headquarters:
August 11 – 13, 2022 or October 13 – 15, 2022 - Each date is subject to event capacity.
Note: In June 2022, qualified IBOs will receive an email invitation to New Platinum Conference, which will include a weblink to access the NPC training courses.
Achievers Invitational: New Orleans, LA Marriott
For those who qualify for Achievers in 2022, get ready to experience the French Quarter of New Orleans, a steamboat river cruise, Cajun & Creole cuisines, and much, much more!
Session One: November 29 – December 3, 2022
Session Two: December 4 – December 8, 2022
Diamond Club in 2023 is in Oahu, Hawaii!
Diamond Club Select: February 1 – 3, 2023
Diamond Club: February 3 – 9, 2023
“Serving on the IBOAI is the epitome of being an IBO in AMWAY. We learn going Diamond to serve without expectation of receiving anything in return. As we serve on the Board we experience the true meaning of what a servant leader is. We represent every IBO in North America. We work closely with the Company to make people decisions – not money decisions. I am a better man and a better IBO because of my association with the leaders of the IBOAI. This is the greatest Business in the world because of our great and unique Association.”Vinny Pappalardo, IBOAI Executive Committee
ADDING VALUE–Resources to help you do business faster, easier, better!
IBO Best Practices from IBOAI®
Did you know IBO Best Practices Messages are posted monthly at IBOAI.com? The topics are important, interesting, and varied. Delve into social media guidelines, intellectual and music/video copyrights, selling to customers, presenting The Plan to prospects and more. Check out this useful resource today!
IBO Speaker Guidelines
The IBOAI offers IBOAI Speaker Guidelines on its website! It is important to remember that when you are speaking on stage, you are not just representing yourself or your part of the LOS, but you represent all of Amway™. Focus on Business. Follow the Golden Rule. Be Clear. Be Accurate.
Amway Education at www.learning.amway.com
Designed to directly support your business, Amway Education shares best practices to help you reach your goals. Learn more about products, selling, making money, the website, and mobile tools, building and leading a team. Several of the videos feature IBO Leaders. A valuable resource for IBOs every step of the way.
The official blog of Amway North America, Amway Connections features informative and engaging articles on makeup & cosmetics, skin care, hair care, vitamins & supplements, healthy living and Amway Corporation. It’s an excellent way to learn how Amway products enhance daily life and make ideal gifts for special occasions. Discover everything from mocktail and shake recipes featuring XS™ Drinks or Nutrilite™ Organics Green Superfood Powder to beneficial tools from Satinique™ for treating sun-damaged hair. You’ll find the articles here helpful for your family, your team, and your customers.
LET'S STAY CONNECTED
Your IBOAI® Board is just a click away!
Find information and resources online to support your business success.
facebook.com/IBOAI and facebook.com/IBOAISpanish
twitter.com/IBOAI and twitter.com/IBOAISpanish
Need assistance? Let the IBOAI Hearing & Disputes Committee help!