News at a glance from the IBOAI® - your advocacy organization.
All year long, the IBOAI Board of Directors works alongside Amway North America on your behalf to make this Business the best.
This Newsletter is one way we will strive to keep in touch and inform you.
If you have any questions, please be sure to contact the IBOAI Board or staff.
I am so proud of IBOs in North America and around the world. This has been one of the most challenging years in history and you have risen to the challenge with positive attitudes and innovative ideas on how to connect and keep the Business going strong. We always seem to find a way to forge ahead no matter what the circumstances. Business volume is up and sponsoring is staying strong, thanks to your hard work and commitment.
All of us quickly adapted to the changing environment this year. Unable to meet face-to-face, we did the next best thing – gathered online. We’re connecting with fellow IBOs, new customers, and new business associates through virtual meetings. Pins are breaking and qualification is strong, thanks to your flexibility and creativity in growing your Businesses.
There’s more good news! We have 49 NEW products coming our way. These health, beauty and home products will be introduced throughout the rest of the year. Even better news: 48 of these products will be priced $40 or less. A big thank you to Amway Corporation for making this happen.
Your IBOAI Board has been working around the clock with Amway executives and IBO Leaders in North America. We’re holding productive phone conferences and online Board meetings. Our overarching goal is to develop new programs and products – and improve existing ones in order to safeguard this Business for the next 60 years. We’re here for you and working hard to ensure the future is bright.
We hope to see you soon!
Stay strong. Stay safe.
Chairman of the IBOAI
2020 June IBOAI® Board Meeting Notes by Committee
Please Note: Board meetings were held via video conferencing with the Board, IBOAI® staff and Amway™ employees.
Awards & Recognition
- Reviewed a new recognition format for 2021 Diamond Club
- Reviewed and discussed events that will recognize IBOs for retail and profitability through a structured and balanced business
- Reviewed plans for 2020 Achievers and NPC due to COVID restrictions
- Reviewed and discussed Achievers 2021 location
- Discussed need for a strong sampling strategy to help grow customer sales
- New PRWs coming in Q3-Q4 – will be called “My Shop”
- Reviewed and discussed the AmPerks (Loyalty) Program
- Reviewed the new IBO Kit coming September 2020
- Finalizing progress on a Nutrilite™ Recommender
Legal & Ethics
- Reviewed and reported on progress of unauthorized online sales
- BSM review of standards
- Discussed protocol for contacting IBO Leaders if potential issues arise
- Reviewed and recommended the Business Reference Guide be included in the IBO Starter Kit
- Legal and regulatory updates
Marketing Advisory Committee
- Reviewed 49 new Amway™ products launching between May – Dec. 2020: 48 of the new products will be $40 and under
- Reviewed XS™ products including CBD Pro Cream, Sparkling Waters and Protein Pods
- Previewed Artistry™ Studio Shanghai edition & Artistry™ Studio skincare
- Reviewed 8 new n* by Nutrilite™ products launching in 2021
- Reviewed Signature Body Select Cleansers: polishing, hydrating brightening and firming products launching in October 2020
- Reviewed G & H Aluminum Free Deodorant launching in October 2020
IBOAI® Providing Support During COVID-19 Spread
These are challenging times for all – and even though we are practicing social distancing, it is important to stay connected and keep a positive attitude. Be inspired and motivated by the supportive video messages from your IBOAI Board Members, posted at iboai.com. Beginning in March 2020, the IBOAI posted video links weekly to the Field to help everyone stay connected – and to provide support and encouragement to IBOs in North America.
Creating a Customer Receipt at Amway.com
For a healthy, well-balanced business, retail sales are essential in maintaining a profitable, sustainable business. As we prepare for modifications to our business model this fall, reporting all retail sales, including those from inventory, is important. If your customers purchase through your PRW (to be called My Shop in the future) or through Amway.com with their Amway ID, their orders are validated customer sales and reported to the Corporation. But, for sales made directly from your inventory, a customer receipt must be created online at Amway.com to be reported to the Corporation. It’s quick and easy! The steps are presented by Joe Markiewicz (IBOAI Board Vice Chair) and his wife, Marybeth Markiewicz (MAC Vice Chair) in this video.
In summary, these are the steps to create a receipt at Amway.com:
- Log in to Amway.com and go to the Business Center.
- Scroll down to Customer Management section: Create a Receipt.
- Click on the box for Customer.
- Enter the customer’s Amway ID (information will automatically fill in) or, fill in the customer contact information yourself.
- Enter the product(s) purchased from your inventory.
- Note: Communication Method in lower left of screen. This box is checked by default to send a one-time receipt via text to the customer. (If you do not want to do this, uncheck the box.)
- Click Next to make adjustments to shipping or taxes.
- Note: If you select Guest rather than Customer because the customer does not have an Amway ID, a mobile phone number is required to send a receipt via text to the guest customer.
The new Nutrilite™ Supplement Guide is now available in the Resource Center at Amway.com. This guide provides useful selling tips and tools to help you acquire new customers and build loyalty.
Looking for the perfect gift for a shower, wedding, housewarming, or birthday? Check out the Summer Gift Guide at Amway.com for great gift ideas this season.
For easy, fast, and effective skincare in three simple steps, try essentials™ by Artistry™ 3-Step Bundle (#121591).
IBOAI® Board of Directors Election for 2021
Online voting only!
Election opens at 8 a.m. EDT on Monday, September 28
Closes at 11:59 p.m. EDT on Monday, October 12
Qualified Platinums and above, make your voice heard! To ensure the IBO voice remains strong, the IBOAI encourages you to participate in the upcoming election for new Board members. Keep in mind, the IBOAI Board’s mission is to consistently represent the best interests of all IBOs in North America, and for whom you vote to serve on the Board must also be committed to this mission. Select the nominees you believe will enhance the Business and positively impact its future during their three-year term, beginning January 2021.
Watch your email in September for instructions on how to vote online for this important election!
IBOAI® Board Meeting
October 26-29, 2020
2020 New Platinum Conferences and Achievers Invitational Cancelled
Important Message from Amway™ Corporation:
After much consideration, and out of an abundance of caution to ensure the absolute safety and well-being of all IBOs and employees, all in-person Amway sponsored meetings and events scheduled in 2020 have been cancelled. Our teams are working to provide alternate options to allow you to have the event experience you deserve this year. We will be reaching out directly to IBOs impacted by 2020 event cancellations as more information is available.
“I have been blessed to be appointed as the Chairman of Business Operations Committee this year and also serve on the Executive Committee. I am so impressed by and appreciative of the learning, development, and collaboration between the IBOAI® and Amway™ Corporation. I am able to learn from some of the greatest minds in the history of the Business. The leadership within the IBOAI is determined to speak for every IBO in the Field. We are working hard to make this the greatest year yet – and looking forward to the continued partnership with the Corporation in future years.”
Business Operations Committee Chairman
ADDING VALUE–Resources to help you do business faster, easier, better!
IBO Best Practices from IBOAI®
Did you know IBO Best Practices Messages are posted monthly at IBOAI.com? The topics are important, interesting, and varied. Delve into social media guidelines, intellectual and music/video copyrights, selling to customers, presenting The Plan to prospects and more. Check out this useful resource today!
IBO Speaker Guidelines
The IBOAI offers Speaker Guidelines on its website! IBOAI Speaker Guidelines. It is important to remember that when you are speaking on stage, you are not just representing yourself or your part of the LOS, but you represent all of Amway™. Focus on Business. Follow the Golden Rule. Be Clear. Be Accurate.
IBO Bookkeeping Instructions
IBO Bookkeeping 101 offers easy-to-follow instructions on how to properly maintain your records while building your Business. The guide's author, Joe DePetris, is a CPA and professional advisor to the IBOAI Board. He has worked diligently with thousands of IBOs, from those just getting started to those at the Diamond level and above. His efforts have saved IBOs time and money by providing them the tools and knowledge to maintain proper records of their business activity, which satisfy the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. In this guide, Joe shares with you the same insights he offers to his clients.
Your IBOAI® Board is just a click away!
Find information and resources online to support your business success.
Need assistance? Let the IBOAI Hearing & Disputes Committee help!