Volume 7, Issue 4
It was the vision, integrity, and leadership of Amway founders Rich DeVos and Jay Van Andel and seven forward-thinking IBO Leaders that gave birth to an advocacy organization in 1959. This Association was created then to fairly represent the needs of the Business and its IBOs to ensure success.
For 55 years, the foresight and hard work of the Association founders has earned them respect and admiration around the globe - and will continue to do so for generations to come. In the Amway family, these entrepreneurs are universally admired and respected. We are proud to call Jere and Eileen Dutt, Fred and Bernice Hansen, Joe and Helyne Victor, and Walter Bass (who served as the first Association President) pioneers, role models, and heroes of the Best Business Opportunity in the world.
In working with Rich and Jay on the development of the Business Opportunity, the Dutts, Hansens, and Victors supported five key principles in its development:
- The Business offers a universal opportunity, available to people from all walks of life.
- Success is based on repeat business and long-term relationships.
- The Business offers impressive growth potential with a modest initial start-up fee and no territorial restrictions. Intangible benefits include supportive relationships and the fact that it's well-suited to family participation.
- The Business offers products and services that people need and use every day so it is not at the mercy of economic fl uctuations.
- The Business is the perfect embodiment of thefree enterprise concept.
These principles remain just as true today as they did then. Your IBOAI Board carries on the legacy set forth by these heroes, as it strives to attain "Success for All!" as Chair Kathy Victor frequently states in her communications. Today, the IBOAI Board acts in the best interest of all IBOs by adhering to this doctrine, as taught by the heroes of this Business:
- Success is achieved through people helping people.
- Leadership is earned through service to others.
- Everyone has the potential for success, leadership, and the fulfillment of dreams.
Success for All!Kathy Victor